Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Show me your Messy House

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have these friends who seem capable of swinging work, kids, home cooked meals, personal interests, and keep immaculate homes.

I am not one of them!!

In fact one of the reasons I started blogging more was to see if I can take snippets of my daily life and make them look like more than what they are. It's my personal cheer leading section proving that I do not endlessly spin my wheels. So here I post about all the cool stuff I'm doing and in the background (or off camera) there is this maelstrom of distruction going on that looks like this.........

I want it to look like this all the time....

But, often things get in the way.

Sometimes woundrously fun things, sometimes it's just sick kid after sick kid.

Here is little miss Cleo doing the bowdrill thing out in a rare moment of sunshine after being sick for over two months.


She even looks like she knows what she is doing!
As much as I want a tidy house, I much rather have happy, healthy kids who I get to spend time with doing cool things with. As the sun has been peeking out this spring, there have been a few days of "screw the laundry, dishes, dinnner vacuuming we are going OUTSIDE!"
And I'm finding now, as the kids are staying healthy *knock on wood* the tidyness is slowly returning to Gormley Keep and the kids and I are still getting to do our cool stuff.
And they are amazing as ever.






No comments:

Post a Comment