Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Food

Phelan and I made some whole wheat biscuits and used cookie cutters to make them in bunny and duckie shapes. I've never made whole wheat biscuits before and these didn't rise so well. They were still tasty... Cleo was even calling them 'cookies'.
I wish I had gotten a pic of the whole dinner..... venison steaks with gravy and green beans with mushrooms. *yum!*


And a very proud mommy moment for me.... two little kids thrilled to death and dancing over a cucumber snack. Either that or they were too hungry to care.



I read an article somewhere that said the vegetable that kids eat the most and are most familiar with is a french fry.

Really?!

Not my kids... not the other kids that I know. Just today for snack we had hummus with carrots, snow peas, tomatoes, cucumbers and cheese. Most the kids I know eat pretty similarly. I have to wonder who these kids are that the article was talking about, or if, living in Sonoma county, we are spoiled, granola munching hippies? (I'm totally ok with that. Just concerned about these other veggie-free kids.)

No comments:

Post a Comment